Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christmas! Whoa, that came fast!

I sit in the living room and hear,
A joyous shout and yell....
I sigh, it's that time of year,
When store begin to sell:

Millions of plastic, glass and wood,
Cardboard, paper, scissors rocks;
Anything worthless they could:
A host of printed, colorful socks.

My sister decided to come to me,
Jumping around; They've got a bed,
A doll-bed! White! Look, see!
In this catalog," she said.

I take the catalog with a sigh,
We go through this every year,
And now I'm wondering, "why?"
The answer falls on my inner ear:

If all is in vain, like the Preacher said,
Yet, he urges us to toil with joy,
We can rejoice in doll beds,
And take delight in many a toy;

Yet let us not lose sight this year,
Of why we can have delight;
'tis because Christ was here,
He who was the true Light.

No comments: